Blogger Recognition Reward
I can’t believe it. I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award! This must be what actors winning the Oscars feel like when they walk up to the stage to receive the trophy. I am extremely honored and grateful for all the support I have received so far for my blog. I want to thank Blinking Cat for nominating me. You should take a look at her blog if you haven’t already and visit her shop. She is a crochet guru and she stitches the cutest animals!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers to whom you want to give this award.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How I got started:
Alex loves to play with his baby sister – and by play with, I don’t mean let’s hold hands and play together – I mean use her as a toy to play with. I started taking pictures of the “precious” moments and posting them on Facebook with a short excerpt. Multiple people encouraged me to start a blog with these excerpts, and since I just quit my job to be a stay at home mom, I decided to look into it. Then my mind exploded! The blogging world is nothing like I have ever seen, and there is so much to do beyond writing posts. I was fascinated and obsessed, and long story short, here we are!
- The iconic quote “If you build it, they will come” does not apply to blogging. How will people know you have built something? Even if you have written a post worthy of the Pulitzer Prize, if you do not have the audience, then you will not get traffic to your site. Identify your target readers and then identify the social networks that your readers prefer and promote your blog on those social networks.
- Network with other bloggers. The blogging universe is like one big circle of friends. Bloggers do not view each other competition because each blog is unique, written by bloggers each with his/her own unique voice. Therefore, go out and find a blogging mentor, a group of blogging friends, and support each other.
List of 15 Bloggers I Nominate:
I would like to nominate these bloggers because they have been a great support and friend in my blogging journey thus far, or their blogs have been an invaluable resource for starting my blog.
Who would you nominate for the Blogger Recognition Award?